In the Part 1 of the post “Are you dancing to win or dancing not to lose” you identified which kind of dancer you are when it comes to competitions. Knowing and realizing that helps you find the best solutions to grow better as a dancer. Mindset is everything!
Here are 5 tips for you on how to turn into a performer who dances to win!
- Plan goals and objectives with your coach. When you set yourself things to achieve make sure you finish them! It’s easy to stay focused at the beginning, but only the best dancers will always finish what they’ve started.
- Focus on yourself and yourself only. Who is in the competition that doesn’t matter! Who won before or who got better marks should have no effect on your dancing. Your preparation and dance training shouldn’t be affected by what others do.
- Be aggressive in your attitude. When you have great dance lessons or competition, keep the momentum going. Don’t slow down or wait another week till next training session! Plan your lessons so the speed of your progress can continue.
- Dream Big! Try to connect with the child you once were, with unmatched enthusiasm, optimism to move mountains and being fearless. Who said you shouldn’t? And who are they to tell you what you should or shouldn’t do?
- No more bringing yourself down. Stop the negative thinking that you’re not good enough. This only drives inconsistency, lack of focus and no dancing. When you have positive mindset, you body relaxes and that’s when you start to improve your dancing and performance.
Did you find this post helpful? Please share it on Facebook with your dancing friends.
If you enjoy this info, make sure you follow me on my Instagram (marcinlondon_uk) where I share lots of tips regularly to make you a better dancer.